Context and goals
In the crowded market of mobile apps, Now!PR managed the Italian launch of Blink Booking, an app which allows you to book 4 and 5-star hotels at the last minute while enjoying highly discounted prices. The project had the following goals:
• Position Blink Booking as a key app in the travel industry
• Explain the benefits of same-day booking to media and consumers
• Generate app downloads on both the App Store and Google Play Store
In the initial phase of the launch, the PR strategy focused on creating awareness and understanding of the real benefits within the travel and tech media world, by explaining the product and educating the influencers. In the second phase, the communication strategy focused on expanding the app’s visibility by producing creative content and generating effective publications in line with the target of potential customers.
The PR strategy was supported by the constant creation of original story angles and the integration of media relations activities involving traditional press, online media and bloggers with the development of partnerships with sector operators.
• Calendar of creative story angles for the media
• Interview opportunities for Blink Booking managers
• One-to-one media and blogger relations activities
• Identification of a national calendar of events to support the last second booking
• Design and activation of a Voucher Program for media and bloggers
• Targeted collaborations and partnerships with selected travel and fashion blogs
• PR activities to support Blink Booking at key industry events in Rimini and Milan
• Activation of partnerships for joint initiatives with other companies in the industry
Throughout the launch phase, the equivalent of 1 article per day (on-offline) on Blink Booking was generated. The total OTS exceeded 9 million Italians. The total OTS exceeded 9 million Italians.
All Tier 1 media covered the launch of the app in Italy.
Progressive increase in downloads thanks to the hype generated by the PR activities.